| Last updated
A model has claimed she is 'too hot for Tinder' and says the dating app kept deleting her pictures.
Luna Benna, 21, became frustrated with Tinder and claims the app is prejudiced against her for being attractive.
Luna first signed up to Tinder in 2017 and had high hopes straight away, with hundreds of matches every month.
Men were so taken with the model's photos that they offered her gifts as well as compliments, such as holidays and money. Some even proposed.
Luna explained: "I was young, dumb and... looking for love. I received so many odd and silly messages during my time on Tinder. People offering me vacations, proposing to me, even offering money if I agreed to meet up with them. I never actually went through with that one, by the way."
She continued: "I definitely matched with people I liked. Did lots and lots of texting and FaceTiming, phone calls - the whole thing. Although I only actually ever met up with a couple of people from Tinder.
"One was a super awkward experience - the dude said my presence was so powerful it made him uncomfortable. He said it honest-to-god temporarily paralysed him and he'd never met a woman like me before. We didn't have much in common and the vibe got weird after that."
Luna's relationship with Tinder soon soured and before she knew it, she was kicked off the app altogether. The model was banned because her images were so popular they were attracting the creation of fake 'catfish' accounts.
She said: "From time to time, people would threaten me on Tinder for being too good-looking. People were stealing my photos and making money using my images. Catfishing, basically.
"It's really disappointing when people create fake profiles after stealing my images - it's sad for the person behind the image, and sad for the person who gets catfished."
The knock-on effect was that Tinder apparently couldn't tell the difference between the real Luna and the fakers.
She added: "There's so many fake profiles out there, whenever I start a legit account I get reported and Tinder has me taken down. I've had a lot of different looks over the years, and have been on the internet forever, so they have lots of options to work with."
In a more positive development, Luna managed to find love on the app before her account was deleted.
She said: "I met my new guy, my current significant other, on Tinder, just before the ban.
"He picked me up and we went back to his place for dinner. We had such a fun time, didn't want it to end!
"So we started seeing each other more and more and noticed we had similar goals and motives. We're pretty much a power couple."
A Tinder spokesperson told LADbible: "Your hotness and hot pics are welcome on Tinder. But, recently, we've heard some rumours which speculate quite the opposite, so we thought it might be a good time to clear some things up so that you can keep swiping, with your hotness intact.
"TINDER IS FOR:
• Feeling yourself - Tinder welcomes everyone: the bold, the brilliant, the hilarious and yes, all of you who are feeling yourselves too; we can guarantee that you will never be banned from Tinder for your looks
• Embracing being single - whether it's 'catching feelings' or linking up with global pen pals, being single is not a time to waste
• Personality - share your likes and dislikes through photos and the bio on your profile
• Connections - find someone who Stans for the same things as you, in order to build great connections
• Conversation - kick things off with talk of climate change, spilling the Tea on Game of Thrones or simply expressing your love for avocados
• Verification - take selfies for safety with 'Photo Verification' and get that all important blue tick, so your potential matches know you're the real deal
"TINDER IS NOT FOR:
• Nudity/Sexual Content - Less of the nudes and more of the nood-les (yum)
• Harassment - Let's leave the stalking to Joe Goldberg
• Hate Speech - Be kind with your words
• Scamming - Even the Royals are financially independent these days
• Impersonation - Be yourself, because there is no one else like you."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read