• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • LAD Originals

U OK M8?
Free To Be
Extinct
Citizen Reef

To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK

Sausage Voted As The Most Important Part Of A Full-English Breakfast

Amelia Ward

Published 
| Last updated 

Sausage Voted As The Most Important Part Of A Full-English Breakfast

Featured Image Credit: Fry Up Police/BryBry

The humble full English is a very contentious issue - if you're from the UK you'll be fully aware of its cultural importance.

But in a recent poll, the country (well, LADbible Twitter followers) have had their say about what the most important element of this culinary delight really is - and it's the sausage.

Whether these people are referring to those cheap and cheerful ones, or a posh herby one, the country has spoken and it's the most important part of the breakfast treat.

In the first round, it was between bacon, mushrooms, egg and toast. A shocking three percent of people chose mushrooms - what were you thinking guys?

Egg got a respectable 22.5 percent, while toast came out with a disappointing 7.4 percent, crowning bacon the winner of the first semi-final, with 67.1 percent of the vote.

But what would bacon be up against? Semi-final two saw beans, black pudding and tomatoes share 22 percent of the vote, with sausage coming out the firm winner - rightfully.

In the final, the two heavyweights of the full English went head to head, with sausage coming out with just over 55.3 percent of the vote, leaving bacon with 44.7 percent - still a respectable outcome.

However, if there is one thing that definitely shouldn't be on a full English, it's peas.

You would think it was common knowledge that a full English breakfast was no place for greens, but 'Jessica M' went ahead and added a big pile of peas to her brekkie before sharing it with the world via Twitter page Rate My Plate.

Naturally, uproar ensued.

Commenting on the photo, one person said: "It's a criminal offence to consume peas before noon. Especially when you have beans. Beans are your 'morning pea'."

Another said: "Why would you ruin this relatively promising start to the day with peas? Why? It makes no sense. Who made you think this was OK? This is NOT OK. Please stop doing this."

A third added: "Peas on a breakfast commands a 10 year sentence in a hard labour camp."

There were many, many more comments along these lines; truly, people were incensed by the presence of peas on her plate.

Then, out of nowhere, popular fish finger purveyors Birds Eye got involved and praised Jessica's efforts, going as far as to say it 'admired' the inclusion of peas.

That's exactly what someone who sells peas would say.

Topics: Food

Amelia Ward
More like this

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Entertainment

Maisie Williams breaks into tears while talking about traumatic childhood

an hour ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

NASA will smash £300m spaceship into asteroid at 14,000mph tonight for first time ever

3 hours ago